Hindi Kala presents Kishore Kumar’s song Dil Aisa Kisi Ne Mera Toda Lyrics in Hindi and English Translation from the Movie Amanush (1974) starring Sharmila Tagore and Uttam Kumar.
For this amazing song, Kishore Da won the 1976 Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer Male. Indeevar also won the Best Lyricist Filmfare Award for this song.
This film was made in both Hindi and Bengali produced and directed by Shakti Samanta. The film was later remade in Telugu as “Edureeta” (1977) starring N.T.Rama Rao, Vanisri, and Jayasudha, in Malayalam as Ithaa Oru Manushyan and in Tamil as Thyagam with Sivaji Ganesan.
Dil Aisa Kisi Ne Mera Toda Lyrics in Hindi
दिल ऐसा किसी ने मेरा तोड़ा, बर्बादी की तरफ ऐसा मोड़ा
एक भले मानुष को, अमानुष बना के छोड़ा
सागर कितना मेरे पास है, मेरे जीवन में फिर भी प्यास है
है प्यास बड़ी जीवन थोड़ा, अमानुष बना…
कहते है ये दुनिया के रास्ते, कोई मंजिल नहीं तेरे वास्ते
नाकामियों से नाता मेरा जोड़ा, अमानुष बना…
डूबा सूरज फिर से निकले, रहता नहीं है अँधेरा
मेरा सूरज ऐसा रूठा, देखा न मैंने सवेरा
उजालों ने साथ मेरा छोड़ा, अमानुष बना…
Lyrics in English & Translation
Dil Aisa Kisi Ne Mera Toda, Barbaadi Ki Taraf Aisa Moda
Ek Bhale Maanush Ko, Amaanush Bana Ke Chhoda
(Someone broke my heart in such a way, has turned me towards such destruction
A good human has been forcefully turned into an inhuman)
Saagar Kitna Mere Paas Hain, Mere Jeevan Mein Phir Bhi Pyaas Hain
Hain Pyaas Badi Jeevan Thoda, Amaanush Bana Ke Chhoda..
(the ocean’s so close to me, even then my life’s still thirsty
thirst is huge and the life is short, turned forcefully into a non-human)
Kahte Hain Yeh Duniya Ke Raaste, Koi Manzil Nahi Tere Vaaste
Naakaamiyon Se Naata Mera Joda, Amaanush Bana Ke Chhoda..
(the roads of the world are saying that there is no destiny for you
I have been teamed with the unsuccessful, turned me into a non-human)
Dooba Sooraj Phir Se Nikle, Rahta Nahi Hain Andhera
Mera Sooraj Aisa Rootha, Dekha Na Maine Sawere
Ujaalon Ne Saath Mera Chhoda, Amaanush Bana Ke Chhoda…
(the setting sun rises again, there is no more darkness
my Sun is upset/angry with me in such a way that I have not sighted morning
the light has left me all alone and let me forcefully become a non-human)
You Might Also Like:
- Qala (2022) – Nirbhau Nirvair Lyrics in Hindi and English with Meaning (Translation) | निरभउ निरवैर | Shahid Mallya | Amit Trivedi
- Qala (2022) – Shauq Lyrics in Hindi and English with Meaning (Translation) | शौक़ | Swanand Kirkire | Shahid Mallya | Sireesha Bhagavatula | Amit Trivedi
- King – Maan Meri Jaan Lyrics in Hindi and English with Meaning (Translation) | मान मेरी जान
- Qala (2022) – Ghodey Pe Sawaar Lyrics in Hindi and English with Meaning (Translation) | घोड़े पे सवार | Sireesha Bhagavatula | Amit Trivedi
- Nagin (1954) – Mera Dil Yeh Pukare Aaja Lyrics in Hindi and English with Meaning (Translation) | मेरा दिल ये पुकारे आजा | Lata Mangeshkar