Highway Heera Soyi Sarahiye lyrics in Hindi with Meaning (English Translation). A song by Shweta Pandit and music by A. R. Rahman. The film stars Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda.
The track takes you to another level with its smooth flow of various instruments in Rahman style in the middle. What a fabulous piece of composition especially the violin and the bells, Truly A Masterpiece because of using the Diamond as a metaphor for a Person’s Character through Dohas of SAINT KABIR. Done some Googling and tried to find out the true meaning of these Dohas, I hope you guys will like the meaning. Share your views in the comment box, please. Thanks!
Heera Soyi Sarahiye Lyrics in Hindi
हीरा सोई सराहिये
सहे घनन की चोट
कपट को रंगे मानवा
परखत निकरा खोट
हीरा तहाँ ना खोलिये
जहाँ कुंजड़ों की हाट
सहजे गाँठि बाँधी के
लगिये अपनी बात
हीरा सोई सराहिये…
हीरा परा बाजार में
रहा छार लपटाय
केतिहे मूरख पची मुए
कोई पारखी लिया उठाय
हीरा सोई सराहिये
English Lyrics with Meaning | English Translation of The Song
Heera Soi Saraahiye
Sahe Ghanan Ki Chot
Kapat Ko Rang Maanwa
Parkhat Nikra Khot
(Choose only that diamond which
Can withstand all kinds of blows
Fraud, deceptive men (who try to look better than they are)
are found to be bad when tested)
The point is that only those few who can bear with testing conditions are truly praiseworthy ones. Others fail when they pass such testing situations.
Heera Tahaan Na Kholiye
Jahaan Kunjadon Ki Haat
Sahaj Gaanthi Bandhi Ke
Lagiye Apni Baat
(Don’t open a diamond
In the vegetable market
Just tie it safely (keep it safe
and wait for your turn)
The meaning here is that you should show your intelligence only where there are people who can understand it. It is idiocy to show your intelligence among idiots.
Heera Para Bajaar Mein
Raha Chhaar Laptaaye
Keetehi Moorakh Pachhe Mohe
Koi Parakhi Liya Uthaaye
(Diamond was fallen in the marketplace,
with ash sticking on it.. [so it looked like some random stone]
how so many idiots passed me
some expert picked me up)
Meaning here is that while most care about how something looks, the intelligent ones can recognize a real gem even when it doesn’t look good.
Also came across the following explanation on a website:-
1. Admire the diamond that can bear the hits of a hammer. Many deceptive preachers, when critically examined, turn out to be false.
2. Don’t discuss Gyaan (knowledge) with those who can not understand it.
3. Those who understand Gyaan, pause to acquire it.
If you Like the song and its meaning then please SHARE it and make others also like a diamond 🙂
A. R. Rahman
Alia Bhatt & Randeep Hooda.
You Might Also Like:
- Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar (2023) – Tere Pyaar Mein Lyrics in Hindi and English with Meaning (Translation) | तेरे प्यार में | Ranbir Kapoor | Shraddha Kapoor
- Shehzada (2023) – Chedkhaniyan Lyrics in Hindi and English with Meaning (Translation) | छेडखानियाँ | Arijit Singh | Nikhita Gandhi | Kartik Aaryan | Kriti Sanon
- Kaleshi Chori Lyrics in Hindi & English with Meaning (Translation) | कलेशी छोरी | DG IMMORTALS | Raga | Harjas Harjaayi, Virtual_AF | | Dark Horse| Pranjal Dahiya
- Pathaan (2023) – Jhoome Jo Pathaan Lyrics in Hindi and English with Meaning (Translation) | झूमे जो पठान | Deepika Padukone | Shahrukh Khan | Arijit Singh
- Badshah X Karan Aujla – Players Lyrics | 3:00 AM Sessions